Pine Essential Oil
With a strong balsamic-like odour, the Pine Essential Oil has many beneficial uses for the body, as well as promoting healing.
Pine Essential Oil uses and benefits:
Skin & Hair: Not traditionally used on the skin.
Body: Can be used for cuts, sores, scabies, lice, excessive perspiration. Pine Essential Oil's warming properties help with rheumatism, arthritis, gout and muscular aches. It eases breathlessness and sinusits, making it excellent for bronchitis, asthma, catarrh, coughs, laryngitis cold and flu.
Minds & Emotions: As vapour therapy, pine oil can have a cleansing effect on broader area, and can be very effective at promoting healing in a sick room.
Blends well with: Cedarwood, cinnamon, cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree.
How to use your essential oil:
- Burner: add a few drops to your electric or tea light candle vaporiser
- Massage or body oil: add a few drops to a carrier oil to use for massage, a customized body oil, or to treat ailments
- Bath: add 3-5 drops to a full bath before immersing yourself in the warm water
- Shower: sprinkle 1-2 drops on your shower floor and let the scent wash over you
- Skin: essential oils can be applied directly to skin but please do a patch test as a precaution (a drop applied on the inner elbow just below the crease, or behind the ear) and look for any adverse respond before applying directly to the face or body
Never apply essential oil on broken, raw or sensitive skin, and do not apply directly on skin during pregnancy.