Lemongrass Essential Oil
A pungent lemony herbaceous essential oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil is great for the skin, body and mind.
Lemongrass Essential Oil uses and benefits:
Skin & Hair: Reduces the appearance of pores. Great for use on oily acne skin conditions.
Note: Use with caution as can sensitise some skins.
Body: Assists in the recovery from sore throats, laryngitis and fever and helps prevent spreading of infectious diseases. It is helpful with colitis, indigestion and gastro-enteritis. Tones the muscles, relieves muscle pains by making the muscle supple. Also helpful in correcting poor circulation.
Mind & Emotions: Perfect in times of fatigue. Stimulating and helps revive and energise. Useful in treating jetlag and clearing the head.
Blends with: Basil, Bergamot, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon, Cedarwood, Geranium, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Tea Tree.
How to use your essential oil:
- Burner/Diffuser: add a few drops to your electric or tea light candle vaporiser or diffuser
- Massage or body oil: add a few drops to a carrier oil to use for massage, a customized body oil, or to treat ailments
- Bath: add 3-5 drops to a full bath before immersing yourself in the warm water
- Shower: sprinkle 1-2 drops on your shower floor and let the scent wash over you
- Skin: essential oils can be applied directly to skin but please do a patch test as a precaution (a drop applied on the inner elbow just below the crease, or behind the ear) and look for any adverse respond before applying directly to the face or body
Never apply essential oil on broken, raw or sensitive skin, and do not apply directly on skin during pregnancy.